Is masturbating too much bad for you?
Can regular masturbation harm your health? NO! .. but also sadly, depending on what your idea of ‘regular’ is .. yes.
Firstly, why regular masturbation is not only NOT bad for you but actually quite good for you.
Masturbating several times a week has several key health benefits:
- Reduces the risk of prostate cancer – Let’s agree this is something none of us want. And if jerking off helps reduce the risk, what sort of madman wouldn’t whip it out at every convenience to keep on top of this. A study published by the Journal of American Medical Association found frequent ejaculation was related to a decreased risk of prostate cancer, but an increased risk of cramped hand.
- Reduces blood pressure and stress – The hormones released during an orgasm have a relaxing effect on the body – whether through sexual intercourse or masturbation. So if your doctor tells you your blood pressure is up, or your friends tell you, you look stressed, that’s your cue to go at it.
- Fights depression – On top of reducing your blood pressure and stress levels, the serotonin and dopamine released during orgasm combat depression.
- Keeps muscles strong – Unlike Tugger, your not in danger of building massive biceps through masturbation. But masturbation does keep key muscles, like the pelvic floor muscles, in shape. This can help reduce the chance of erectile dysfunction due to loss of muscle.
- Keeps your swimmers swimming – Not ejaculating for as little as five days can slow your swimmers down. Make sure they’re always ready for battle by running them through their drills at least a couple of times a week.
- Helps you sleep – A solid wank can help you sleep. The same chemicals released that help reduce stress and relax you also act as a natural sedative. Like eating before swimming, you want to do it at least 30 minutes before bed to give your brain a while to settle down again.
So far so good right? Masturbating several times a week even up to once a day isn’t going to do you any harm. When males first start masturbating it’s not uncommon to do it 3 or 4 times a day. Of course as the novelty wears off a bit most men tend to slow down to once every day or so, or a few times a week.
So when can regular masturbation become a problem? When your idea of ‘regular’ is so often you barely have time to leave the house.
Excessive masturbation – multiple times per day – can cause the muscles that contract to ejaculate the seminal fluid to ache after being used multiple times. This ache is unpleasant but not harmful.
Too much masturbation can result in an increased production of sex hormones and neurotransmitters which can cause a change in your body chemistry.
The side effects of these changes can potentially cause:
- Hair Loss !
- Memory loss
- Blurred vision (not just from staring at internet porn for too long)
Don’t let this scare you off. Masturbation is good for you. Just make sure you don’t get to the point where you plan your entire day around it.